- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir-fry until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and frozen peas and carrots. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the pan and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Season the stir-fry with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken and vegetable stir-fry hot over rice or noodles. Enjoy!